Itching and painful legs, facial pain and extreme fatigue

I am experiencing tearing pain and itching in both calves.  I often have tingling and sometimes slight numbness in left toes.  I find it diffucult to walk because my legs hurt and feel so weak. I also have pain and swelling in the lumbar region of my back as well as my neck and shoulders.  I have had a normal MRI.  I have recently had facial pain on the left side and my vision sometimes is fuzzy. CT scan of my sinuses was normal. I have experienced double vision twice.  I am extremely fatigued and feel like I am trembling from head to toe.  I have a hard time doing daily tasks, like washing my hair, without getting terribly tired and my muscles feeling shaky.  My heart often feels like it is racing, but echocardiogram and stress test were normal.  My blood work showed that my red blood cells were slighty enlarged and my B-12 was 400.  My cholesterol is high.  I have been told that my immune system is attacking my body, but no one seems to know what is causing that. I am scheduled for a visual evoked potential test next week.  What can this possibly be?  Please help.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Have you had a liver panel done?
Thanks for your replies.  I have had my sugar tested.  Both of my parents are diabetics, but my sugar has never been high.  I have also had a liver panel done.  It, too, was normal.  These symptoms have been a chain of events over the past few years.  I started out with migraines, then on to neck pain and inflammation.  When I began feeling like my heart was racing, I even thought for a while that I may have heart problems, but all has checked out ok.  My doctor has mentioned the possibility of MS, but is that possible with a normal MRI?  My symptoms just keep getting progressively worse.  Thanks again for trying to help me find some answers!!!
Get your thyroid checked. Do a TSH, Free T3 , Free T4, antibodies and Reverse T3.