Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Jaw lump

I have a lump behind my right jaw, directly below my ear lobe. This lump has gone from the size of a small pea to about 1&1/2inches long and about 3/4 to 1inch wide. There is no pain when the lump is touched but in the last 2-3 weeks I've been having pain on the right when I open my mouth to eat or yawn.

I can not have a CT with contrast because of an allergy that caused anaphylaxis the last time I got the contrast. So...what type of scan would give the Drs the most information about this lump? I was recently in the hospital because of MRSA pneumonia and had a sinus CT minus contrast and while they see something there they can't tell if it's what the Dr. originally said when it was pea sized which was it was just a swollen/infected lymph node because of my CVID well considering I recently had multiple IV antibiotics because of MRSA pneumonia and so I'm just having a hard time believing that it's just an infected lymph node.

I'm asking about the type of scan that would give the best/most information because I'm sick of all the procedures and scans. While hospitalized with mild pneumonia for 1week after Thanksgiving I had a chest and sinus CT w/o contrast and a brbronchoscopy.The after Christmas I spent another 3 weeks hospitalized for the more severe MRSA pneumonia and during that stay I again had chest and sinus CTs w/o contrast as well as chest x-rays, a chest MRI,  chest nuclear scan, and 3 more bronchoscopies and with other lung studies coming up I'm really over the tests.