Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Jaw lump

I have a lump behind my right jaw, directly below my ear lobe. This lump has gone from the size of a small pea to about 1&1/2inches long and about 3/4 to 1inch wide. There is no pain when the lump is touched but in the last 2-3 weeks I've been having pain on the right when I open my mouth to eat or yawn.

I can not have a CT with contrast because of an allergy that caused anaphylaxis the last time I got the contrast. So...what type of scan would give the Drs the most information about this lump? I was recently in the hospital because of MRSA pneumonia and had a sinus CT minus contrast and while they see something there they can't tell if it's what the Dr. originally said when it was pea sized which was it was just a swollen/infected lymph node because of my CVID well considering I recently had multiple IV antibiotics because of MRSA pneumonia and so I'm just having a hard time believing that it's just an infected lymph node.

I'm asking about the type of scan that would give the best/most information because I'm sick of all the procedures and scans. While hospitalized with mild pneumonia for 1week after Thanksgiving I had a chest and sinus CT w/o contrast and a brbronchoscopy.The after Christmas I spent another 3 weeks hospitalized for the more severe MRSA pneumonia and during that stay I again had chest and sinus CTs w/o contrast as well as chest x-rays, a chest MRI,  chest nuclear scan, and 3 more bronchoscopies and with other lung studies coming up I'm really over the tests.

Thanks
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.