Kidney Pain?
I've had a problem for quite sometime now.  It's not chronic, but I do experience it a few times a week.  I get this pain which feels like it comes from my left kidney.  Its not sharp, but it is really annoying.  It typically doesn't last very long, and usually if I expell gas it goes away.  So I have been thinking all along that its just gas pressing against something and not to worry about it, but I'm just kinda curious if it could be anything worse.  I don't think it could be a kidney infection because my urine looks and smells fine.  I drink water constantly and stay away from soft drinks and dark liquids that cause kidney stones, so I'm kinda confused.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Kidney disorders are not usually relieved by passing gas.  Your pain may be caused by a bowel disorder that is exaserbated by gas accumulation, or you might just be gassy.  Check with the doc and get a urinalysis done to make sure.
HELLO NEWGRASS
  I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW. AT FIRST I THOUGHT I HAD PULLED A MUSCLE. THEN I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE MY KIDNEY SO I STARTED DRINKING CRANBURY JUICE AND THE PAIN WENT AWAY BUT I HAD IN THE MEAN TIME MADE A DOCTORS APPT. DONT YOU KNOW THE PAIN WAS GONE WHEN I WENT FOR MY APPOINTMENT THIS PAST MONDAY AND IT STARTED BACK LAST NIGHT. I AM WAITING FOR LAB RESULTS AND THEN I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH THE RESULTS. MAYBE IT WILL HELP YOU...THANKS