Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

LUMP SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE????!!

Hi, Hope you can help. I have found a lump under my left armpit that i noticed about 3 months ago. It does not hurt and is deep in the hollow of my armpit. I have been the doctors and the first doctor said it was a swollen lymph gland and it was probably due to my hormonal changes as i am taking cilest birth control pill for polycystic ovarian syndrome. The doctor told me to come back in a week and i did and she said it had gone smaller however it just feels exactly the same to me, hasnt got any bigger. I am not suffering from any infection and i have no other symptoms such as weight loss etc. I also have what feels like the same thing on the left side of my neck and behind my left ear which i remember have been there for years. I went to another doctor the other day and she said she didnt think it was anything to worry about as i am only young (18) and it feels to her like a swollen gland as it is not really hard. However she has said for peace of mind she is sending me for an ultrasound. I am starting to panic now, does anyone know what it could be, i hope its not cancer.

If it was cancer probably things would be taking a different approach. What I mean is if your doctor suspected cancer things would be as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, but you probably don't have cancer. From reading the symptoms you say you don't have I am guessing that you are worried about lymphoma? Even if you did have it the good thing would be that because you don't have any other symptoms more than likely it would not be advanced. Getting checked as soon as possible is the safest and best route to take. I have a soft tender lump on my inner thigh and now I also have one on my mid lower abdomen. I am also really scared of cancer.

Good luck remember your young so your chances are lower.