Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

LUMP UNDER ARMPIT. someone please help!!!

Hi, Hope you can help. I have found a lump under my left armpit that i noticed about 3 months ago. It does not hurt and is deep in the hollow of my armpit. I have been the doctors and the first doctor said it was a swollen lymph gland and it was probably due to my hormonal changes as i am taking cilest birth control pill for polycystic ovarian syndrome. The doctor told me to come back in a week and i did and she said it had gone smaller however it just feels exactly the same to me, hasnt got any bigger. I am not suffering from any infection and i have no other symptoms such as weight loss etc. I also have what feels like the same thing on the left side of my neck and behind my left ear which i remember have been there for years. I went to another doctor the other day and she said she didnt think it was anything to worry about as i am only young (18) and it feels to her like a swollen gland as it is not really hard. However she has said for peace of mind she is sending me for an ultrasound. I am starting to panic now, does anyone know what it could be, i hope its not cancer.

Are these swollen lymph nodes red and do they feel hard?
Some of the common causes of swollen lymph nodes are common cold, sore throat, strep throat, sinusitis, ear infections, dental conditions, more serious causes include leukemias and lymphomas.
Your symptoms do not indicate cancer at this point but it can be ruled out completely after a through clinical exam and some tests. Do let us know the results of your ultrasound. Good luck!
Thank you for commenting on my post. I have had this lump under my armpit for 6 months now and i dont think it has got an bigger in size. The lump isnt red and doesnt feel rock hard. They are painless and only ache slightly when i start touching them, think im just irritating them. Ive had what feels like the same thing behind my ear for 5 years. If i had lymphoma would i have noticed at this stage? I have no other symptoms and feel fine. I had a major operation 4 years ago and i had a blood transfusion, this probably sounds silly but could it be my body getting used to the new blood and my lymph nodes just didnt go down afterwards. Im going to see a breast doctor on 15th july so i hope everything is ok.

The symptoms of lymphoma include enlarged lymph nodes which sometimes cause other symptoms due to pressing of nerves (numbness) and veins (swelling).
Other symptoms include weight loss, night sweats, tiredness, fever with chills and lack of energy. The symptoms are non specific and resemble the symptoms of flu or common cold.
A physical examination and tests can make the exact diagnosis. I wish you all the best for your appointment with the breast doctor and do keep me posted.

Thankyou for your comments and help. I went to the hospital the other day and had a physical examination and a ultrasound and the doctor said it was an enlarged lymph node and was nothing to worry about. He said it had become enlarged through infection and had never returned to its normal size. So i was very relieved about that and now it is finally off my mind, They just said the only time to worry, would be if i started to get more and had symptoms aswell. So basically just to keep a look out but everything is fine at the moment.
Once again thankyou for your comments
Take Care
x