Labia minora very very swollen and itchy/painful

Today I am experiencing extremely swollen labia minora. I don't think they could be any more swollen. At first I was experiencing very severe itching in that area and a bit of a burning sensation and now it is more numb and swollen up about 6 times their normal size. They have become hard from the swelling. About a month and a half ago I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis (BV) but I had antibiotics and it went away. My BV symptoms were different: strange discharge and itchiness but no noticeable swelling. The doctor told me that the use of soaps etc in the vaginal area could have been the problem. The last time I had sex was about 5 days ago. Is it a yeast infection? I am starting to think that it could be my washing powder. What can I do to make the swelling subside? It's so uncomfortable I can hardly sit down.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Itchy swollen labia are seen in cervicits (inflammation of cervix). Vulvovaginitis (inflammation of vulva and vagina) and STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia. Take a swab test for STD and see. The other possibility is contact dermatitis causing an allergic reaction to soap, powders, lotions, garments etc. Please check if you have changed any in recent past. If you used condoms, it could also be allergy to latex of condoms. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult your gynecologist to rule out infection.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.