Light Vertigo and Diziness lasting months

I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, fter 10 years from the last episode, just out of nowhere I felt ligheheaded and then light vertigo. Episodes last weeks or months and episode is constant. Room is not spinnning but I feel like I am floating.  I can't focus when there is a lot of movement to look at (car's pasisng by, etc). Dramamine helps a bit not much. It is a variant of diziness whih does not go away. I had many exams, I am fit, no blood pressure, heart problems, etc.  I just went through an extreme stressful death in the family plus Mother with stroke all in two weeks. However, last episode years ago I was happy and no stress.  I have bad allergies and have been taking claritn for along time plus shots. Episodes seem to get worse when allergies get out of control. Very hard to deal with and depressing. I will go again for a inner ear test, but last time they saw nothing. When I wake from a deep sleep I do feel room spinning but then ok once I move and go about my day. I don't see the symptoms of Meniere's disease and ruling out blood, heart or brain which is ok, could this be a virus or a mild form of Meniere's that does not fit with the typical symptoms?  Do have fullness at times when getting up and tinnutus from time to time, but feels like I am wearing strong glasses. It is really bad not knowing what it is or what to do.
These symptoms can come from a neck problem. It seems that is the cause for me. I also get vertigo and ringing in the ears among other things - aspecially on waking and I have had alot of improvement since an osteopath has been working on my atlas joint (between skull and neck) A problem here does not neccessarily cause neck pain. Look on the Neurology forum - theres been a few good threads about this problem recently where the neuro also says it can come from the neck. Good luck.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.