Lower abdominal tingling

For the last week I have felt a tingling in my lower right abdomen that comes and goes several times a day. I am 55 and my exam with OB/GYN a bout 3 months ago was normal. I have frequent constipation and bloating. I My colonoscopy exam 3 yrs. ago was normal. What could this sensation be? It is occasionally painful.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I have had similar symptoms the last week.  the tingling sensation feels like ulnar neuropathy but instead of being in my hand, i'm feeling it in a localized area the size of a half dollar, in the upper right quadrant of my abdomen~approximately in the area of my liver/gall bladder. i am a 45 yr old anglo male in otherwise perfect health.  i have experienced no bowel symptoms.  

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body.
Many causes of numbness in the leg are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling sensations.

You can take multivitamins for some time. Also get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels tested.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. Common disorders causing paraesthesias are transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.