Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lumb behind ear

I have a small pea sized lump on where my ear hits my head right before the lobe starts hurts on surface, but is hard and does not move. Do I have cancer or what is it???
I get these from time to time. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I believe that it could be either a swollen lymph node or a blocked gland. When I get them, I put hot water (as hot as I can stand) on a cloth and put it on the lump and gently massage it (if not too sore). A hot shower will also work. This, I believe, loosens the fluids inside and the lump goes away. I doubt it's cancer, it sounds exactly like what I get. They go away.