Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lump behind ear lobe

Over the last month a have a lump behind my ear, it's been growing a lot every week. It's now about the size of my ear lobe. It's right behind the lobe where jawbone crease is. It's sore but not painful at all an it's firm but seems kinda soft on top. Basically it's not soft or hard.. Kinda medium. I have had a gullbladder infection (or so the ER told me) a few months back. It's just growing so fast and I keep getting headaches everyday:(

I have no insurance so can't afford to see doc atm.

Sounds like it could be an enlarged lymph node or a lipoma (benign fatty tumor). Is it movable? As in does it feel like you can push it around or is it stuck? Somewhat soft, painful, and movable lymph nodes are a sign of infection. You may possibly have some sort of infection going on in your teeth or may be coming on with something. I would go to the ER to make sure you are all right. My sister had an enlarged lymph node on the back of her neck and in turned out to be shingles.
always see a doctor for anything that is growing in  size
Thanks for reply,
It's not painful at all and it won't move any