Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lump in forearm

Hi, I have a small lump, about size of your baby finger nail, on my forearm, it appeared 2 weeks ago very tender, it is no longer tender but it hasn't changed its size or location.  I am highly concerned about it.  Its not movable, and has not grown.  Wondering what it could be and what would classify it as a more serious lump ??
Any info would help !!
Thank you
Welcome to the forum!
In all probability you have a ganglion (cyst) or a neurofibroma. Both can cause pain t. A ganglion is a sac-like swelling or cyst formed from lining of a joint or from a tendon. A neurofibroma is a collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. If they are causing pain and pressure symptoms they need to be removed.
The other possibilities are lipoma (collection of fat), muscle tumor, hematoma (collection of blood due to bleeding blood vessel or injury), or thrombophlebitis.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining.  Please consult your PCP to start with and get a referral for a surgeon. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!