Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lump in shoulder and constant pain

Ok so about a week ago my girlfriend noticed a minor pain in her shoulder, which is constant and never relents. The day after she noticed the pain her leg was in so much pain to the point she could not stand up but it eventually got better but her shoulder still hurts constantly even with tylenol. She is a swimmer and slightly overwieght, shes 5'8 at about 160LBs I thought it was just too much phsycial activity but she has a lump on her right shoulder just between her deltoid and clavicle. She says its getting worse, but I just want to make sure its not cancer or a cyst or something like that.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what this may be I'd appreciate it thank you.
Welcome to the forum!
Well, it is definitely not cancer, at least symptomatically. There is a chance that she has bursitis of the shoulder joint (inflammation of the lining of joint) or rotator cuff injury while swimming or multiple joint arthritis as seen in osteoarthritis. Pain in legs could be due to over exercise causing compartment syndrome or due to deep vein thrombosis or due to painful joints. Compression of spinal nerves in the lumbar region too cause pain in the legs.
The other possibility is that your friend has hypothyroidism or diabetes which caused these problems—not the lump on shoulder, but pain in legs. Please discuss this with your doctor and get her examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!