A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Lump sore gland

Hi ya.
I was diagnosed with glandular fever this year in Jan. I'm still getting VERY sore glands under the right side of my jaw months later. There's a lump there that really hurts and several lumps around my neck and throat. I get the pain in my ear and in part of the lower face too and lose hearing now and then in my right ear when my gland hurts. But it's coming from my gland. I've had really bad fatigue, REALLY bad, as in nearly fall over in the street bad. What could be the problem? I've seen my GP who refered me to a ENT who took a MRI of my ears... even though it was my gland that was hurting... Which took FOREVER to sort out. He said there was nothing wrong but didn't MRI my neck or anything.

What could this be? :-( I havent been able to work all year and it's making me REALLY unhappy.
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Many a times mono infection lingers and causes painful glands to persist. Hence an antibody test for mono should be done to know if there is any active infection. The other possibility is super infection by bacteria. Hence a throat swab should be taken. A CT scan of the lump should be done. Apart from this post viral fatigue syndrome is probably what you have and this is a very common disorder. Also there are no magic pills for it. This can be treated patiently with exercise, good diet, work out plans and multivitamins. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and proteins should be taken along with a multi vitamin supplement. Eat 5-7 small regular meals every day. Drink plenty of water. Do deep breathing exercises.
Test for anemia too.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.