Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Lumps in my palm

I injured my right ring finger a couple years ago playing volleyball. I believe it is called an avulsion fracture where the tendon pulls of the bone? Now the finger will not straighten fully. I can still curl it, my grip strength does not seem to have declined and there is no pain. However I have recently noticed 2 small lumps in my palm on the bone leading up to that finger. I have heard all sorts of things from ganglion cysts to Dupuytren's contracture to Boutonniere deformity. Typically no pain or noticeable change in rang of motion or grip. Only hurts under extreme direct pressure or impact. Any suggestions?
As you are not able to straighten your finger, the conditin that you have highly likely to be Dupuytren's contracture.

Dupuytren's contracture occurs when the connective tissue in the palm thickens. Often the tissue thickens in one small area first and a “nodule” forms (a small, hard lump about 0.5-1cm) under the skin of the palm. The nodule sometimes feels tender to begin with, but this usually passes.

The nodules are non-cancerous (benign) and the condition is not life-threatening for those who develop it, although it can be a nuisance to live with.

Over time, the nodules can extend and form cords of tissue. These cords can shorten (contract) and, if the cords run along a finger or thumb, they can pull it so it becomes bent towards the palm. These contractures are often mild and painless, but they can get steadily worse over time.

Sometimes, the term Dupuytren’s disease (palmar fibromatosis) is used instead of Dupuytren’s contracture, because not everyone with the condition will develop contractures.

Make an appointment to see your doctor to get the correct diagnosis.