Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Metoprolol or something else?

I was have been having some strange symptoms since starting metoprolol as a migraine preventative. My head feels like it weighs a ton, and there is a lot of pressure up there, too. I've also been experiencing blurry vision and some concentration issues. I also take lithium, trazodone and neurontin and a rare xanax.

I experienced these symptoms when I first started taking it and my neurologist said he didn't think they were because of the metoprolol but to start taking it at night instead, which I did for a while and the symptoms went away. I had a 10-day migraine spree recently and he was on some bike trip from which nobody knew when he would return and not knowing what to do, I finally thought of taking the med in the morning again. It was okay for the first 4 or 5 days, and then the symptoms returned (but not the migraines, knock wood)  Last night it got really bad - to the point that I would almost rather have a migraine! I also started feeling nauseous and almost felt like my throat was closing up.  I took nothing else yesterday and wasn't exposed to anything new.

I could really use some advice because my general practitioner is also on vacation!

Thanks,
Sheila