Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Might have swallowed tiny fragments of sharp glass

I was drinking bottled beer last night and I noticed the top of it was broken. I saw some very tiny bits of sharp glass (1-2mm) on the table and thought something might have been inside the bottle too, I drank about half the bottle before I stopped drinking it. I may have drank some very tiny pieces of this glass fragments.

Should I be worried this and go to the doctor?
I would call your doctor and have them decide what they want to do. It can cause damage to the esophagus, stomach or intestines if you actually did swallow glass.  
keep an eye your bowel movements for a couple of days up to a week. If you see any blood or even what you think might be blood go to the ER. There is really nothing that can be done at this point and you will just have to what until they pass if you did in fact swallowed so.
Actually, I said to call your doctor because yesterday when I wrote this they may have been able to use a balloon catheter or a esophagoscopy to remove the glass if they thought it was necessary. But if there is no need at this point f you didn't call. Maybe you didn't even swallow it. I hope not.
take care,
mkh9