Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Muscle Pain and Body Aches

What's wrong with me? Over the last two years I'm so tired I can't get out of bed in the mornings and all day and all night I have severe exhaustion no matter how much I sleep. I also feel depressed all the time and I have horrible muscle pain and body aches. I can be perfectly fine one day and the next day I wake up and my whole body aches for weeks. It's so bad I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler truck. It's so bad that I can barely move and I'm miserable. Then it will suddenly go away just as quickly and mysteriously as it came on. I also can't do anything physical now without getting severe muscle pain. Just a walk around the supermarket, doing house hold chores, anything at all and I'm suddenly so sore and stiff I can barely move and this lasts for weeks. I feel like I've been punched hard all over my body and I'm miserable. I never used to have any problems like this before. What's going on?

Note: I do have lots of health issues that I've had for decades but never had any of the muscle pain or body aches until just two years ago and it's getting worse. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disease of the thyroid that causes hypothyroidism. I have type 2 diabetes. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am on medications for my Hashimoto's, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol. My numbers are all good and everything is within a healthy range and the doctor seems satisfied with my numbers and blood tests. Could any of these health issues be causing my very severe body aches and muscle pains, depression and exhaustion or is something else going on?
there are cases of fibro mialge a sress disorder can come on from stress as a child and somthing stressful hurts, theres also cases of ms were people go day to day in pain. theres also cases of sists that come on wich could be if ur a women
Do you become short of breath with minimal exertion? Have you had your iron levels checked?
Sorry to here about how you feel, but did you know one autoimmune disease can turn into another, sounds like lupus, maybe? It's hard to diagnose because hoshimotos thyroiditis has alot of the same symptoms, but lupus gives you body pain and it's symptoms flare from time to time. and it really fatigues you. fybromialgia is a pain in your neck and shoulders and it feels like stress with an annoying headache and it runs to your chest sometimes, and it also has flare ups at times. I would read up on lupus and multiple sclerosis but they all have same symptoms and thier is always a difference somewhere
chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia could account for your muscle pain and body aches. However, do you find, hard to concentration; sore throat; tender lymph nodes ,headaches, unrefreshing sleep?
I don't have a sore throat or tender lymph nodes, but I do have massive headaches and very unrefreshed sleep.
My muscle pain and body aches are in every part of my body, not just my neck, shoulders and chest. The worst pain seems to be concentrated on my lower back near my tail bone and in my knees and thighs and in my upper arms and in both the tops and bottoms of my feet. The aches are so severe it keeps me awake at night.