Aa
A
A
Close

Mussel Weakness

I had a stroke 24 years ago at 49 and after a couple years I started working out on weight machine but after a few weeks I got stronger but then after a few months I was getting weaker and weaker than when I started out so I quit.  
Progress a few years and I needed a knee replacement and I started therapy.  I started doing exercises 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 and after a week at 50 the more I did the weaker I got to where I couldn't even do 20.  I had to stop.  I did 2 more knee replacement operation (one infection) and each time it was the same.  On the 3rd time I did my therapy at the hospital so they could see the problem I was having.  The Dr. Therapist told my Dr. that I was right and was getting weaker the more I did after about at the 50 level.  I have always been active since my stroke, taking friends shopping and running errands for people in need.
I went for Back therapy 4 months ago and they made me do leg and arm exercises and after 3 weeks of that I got so weak that I couldn't make it there and had to stop.  I now am so weak that I can hardly walk 10 feet without collapsing.  I live in a 3 story home and can hardly make a floor without resting.  I am beside myself cause all the Dr keep telling that all I need is more exercise and that makes me weaker.  I can hardly get out of the house now.  All I am is # to them.  I need a Dr. that understands my problem.  jt

Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Blank
AL
Blank