My legs and ankles keep swelling

Hi,  About two weeks my feet and ankles became very swollen, to the point that it felt almost like a burning sensation.  They sometimes hurt when I walk.  I am only 39 years old and getting a little concerned.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Usually conditions of heart, kidney, liver or low protein or severe anemia, which cause ankle swelling cause both ankles to swell. Hence if both ankles are swelling then you will need to get heart function assessed by ECHO and EKG, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.