Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Neck Pain

My husband keeps getting recurrent pain in his neck. He has had to go to the ER a few times and x-rays were normal. He went to the dr. yesterday and she gave him Flexeril and Ultram but they don't seem to help the pain. Tonight I put hot, wet washrags (making them hotter slowly) and after waiting about 15 minutes, rubbed ben-gay on his neck and shoulder muscles. He says 'if I could just crack my neck, I think it would feel allot better'. Any other suggestions about what I can do to help him?
"X-rays were normal?"  Did he have an MRI of his cervical spine done?  

I would recommend consulting an Ortho Specialist or a Spine Specialist.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the neck pain is due to spinal nerve compression, then all these measures will not help. However, if the pain is due to muscle pull or spasm or due to vertebral disease or osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, then these measures may help. It would be best to consult a neurologist or an orthopedic specialist and if need be get a MRI done. Take care!