Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Neck pain front right side

I have had severe to moderate pain in my right front side of my neck that radiates down my shoulder and in the front of my chest. It went away and then returned while almost incapacitating me in my entire upper body. I was given anti inflammatory and once a steroid shot in my shoulder. The doctor said it was an injury both in my neck and shoulder. It went completely away and I was strong and felt zero pain anywhere. Then out of nowhere it returned with a vengeance and I was practically incapacitated  with pain in my entire upper body. It resolved now to pain in my shoulder and diaphragm and it hurts when I take a deep breath, cough or sneeze. There is an extreme sore spot when pressed I can feel the nerve pain going down my shoulder. I have tried rubbing it and massaging it but it doesn't seem to go away. I have been suffering with this for two months now. Does anyone have any suggestions?
You need to get back to your doctor.  You may have a pinched nerve in the neck area.

If you are still experiencing pain when you breathe in, you do need to get your lungs examined.

Wear a scarf around your neck to keep it warm and avoid draughts.  You may benefit from gentle massage and seeing a physiotherapist.
May even be worth getting an xray done to find out if there is any osteoarthritis in that area that is causing the problem and also find out whether it is only a muscular problem.

Also look at how you do things to find out what has brought this on.  For example, lifting, doing repetitive jobs that put a strain on your neck and shoulder, sitting in a draught, doing gym work without first doing warm ups.

Best wishes.