A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members
6655226 tn?1383449149

Neck pain front right side

I have had severe to moderate pain in my right front side of my neck that radiates down my shoulder and in the front of my chest. It went away and then returned while almost incapacitating me in my entire upper body. I was given anti inflammatory and once a steroid shot in my shoulder. The doctor said it was an injury both in my neck and shoulder. It went completely away and I was strong and felt zero pain anywhere. Then out of nowhere it returned with a vengeance and I was practically incapacitated  with pain in my entire upper body. It resolved now to pain in my shoulder and diaphragm and it hurts when I take a deep breath, cough or sneeze. There is an extreme sore spot when pressed I can feel the nerve pain going down my shoulder. I have tried rubbing it and massaging it but it doesn't seem to go away. I have been suffering with this for two months now. Does anyone have any suggestions?
1 Responses
4851940 tn?1515698193
You need to get back to your doctor.  You may have a pinched nerve in the neck area.

If you are still experiencing pain when you breathe in, you do need to get your lungs examined.

Wear a scarf around your neck to keep it warm and avoid draughts.  You may benefit from gentle massage and seeing a physiotherapist.
May even be worth getting an xray done to find out if there is any osteoarthritis in that area that is causing the problem and also find out whether it is only a muscular problem.

Also look at how you do things to find out what has brought this on.  For example, lifting, doing repetitive jobs that put a strain on your neck and shoulder, sitting in a draught, doing gym work without first doing warm ups.

Best wishes.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.