Need insight

I am an ovarian cancer survivor from 1999 with a mastisis to the brain in 2001. Recently for the past 3 months been having headaches on a scale of 1-10 usually everyday at least a 4 sometimes a 20. I went and had an MRI completed with slight abnormalities noticed. My putuitary stalk is thickened, I haved an elevated sed rate of 36 and an elevated CRP of 2.1

Any ideas what this means....has the cancer possibily return again? Be honest please don't beat around the bush.

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Welcome to the forum!
Well, without looking at the MRI pictures it is difficult to say what the problem is. Since there have been metastasis before, this should be ruled out first. You can either discuss the MRI with the neurologist or the cancer specialist you see for regular follow-ups. The second thing is to rule out migraines.
Thickening of pituitary stalk is usually seen in diabetes insipidus (a disorder of increased urination related to either pituitary or the adrenal). However in some cases it does signify metastasis or tubercular pathology. With a high CRP metastasis should be ruled out first and then other causes of inflammation looked at.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!