Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Not sure what to do or what Dr to see

I became suddenly dizzy (non-spinning, non-syncope) about 8 months ago and went to ER, then visited my PCP several times and finally saw an ENT that performed many balance tests and nothing remarkable was found by any of these except the ENT found a few abnormalities in some of the tests and theorized it may be migraine vertigo.

I have the symptoms all day every day except when sleeping or while I'm walking around. I actually don't feel the dizziness when I'm up and walking - it's felt most while I'm sitting. The best way I can describe it is it's like I sense a feeling of motion in my body when I'm still, and when I move my back, neck or head, I get an odd sensation - it's like the movement feels unatural or unbalanced in some way. Even taking a deep breath causes the feeling to worsen. I also get wierd head rush-like feelings in my head.

I don't have any pain, no tingling or numbness, no fainting.

I don't know what I should do now or what type of doctor I should try or if I should try again with my PCP (who basically seemed to out of suggestions the last I saw her).
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since there is a feeling of something rushing to the head, it could be gastric reflux that is causing dizziness like feeling. Eat at regular intervals as you are now doing. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks, caffeine, and spicy food. See if this helps. Anemia could be a cause and so also hypoglycemia. Also get your BP checked to see if it is not too high or too low. It can also be stress and lack of proper sleep.  If it does not then you will have to consult a doctor to run tests to rule out thyroid problems, ear problems, pinched cervical spinal nerves, epilepsies, heart problems, sleep studies etc. Take care!
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.