Numb,itch, and burning sensation on thigh

I'm a 53 yr. old female and for the last couple of months, an area of my left thigh has been getting numb, itching, and burning sensation. It occurs several times a day, walking, sitting or in bed. Other than high blood pressure, which I take medication for, I'm pretty healthy. The only Rx I take are Avapro 150mg, Hydrochlorot 12.5mg, and Atenolol 25mg.
What could be causing it?
My internist sent me for an MRI which revealed mild to advanced arthristis of the lumbar spine.  I am not in physical therapy but wonder if it will help me.

What else have you done for your problem?
I too  have numbness, severe burning, and itching on my thigh.  Does this relate to a spinal problem?
I too have numbness and burning in my thigh and with it burning like it does, it feel like I'm sitting on a stove but my leg is under and the burner and then I have to rub it down and it goes aways for maybe a minute or two and then the burning feeling comes back. I can't take nomore and its been like this for 3 months. Is this a spinal problem?
Oh and at night when I change my clothes from work, my right thigh will start to itch.
I have been going through this for years!!! my thighs itch so bad I scratch so hard it hurts...it ends up feeling as though I have bruses all over my thighs.  After i'm done scratching they burn...it's never ending and i'm concerned.  It just hits me out of nowhere!! what is this???
A related discussion, right thigh burnning lying down was started.
A related discussion, Leg Numbness was started.
A related discussion, numbness & itching in thigh was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.