Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Numbness in lips and right hand fingers

Hello, recently I felt numbness in my lips (small portion on right side...both Lower and upper lip) and then it shifted to my fingers...it started from my through my getting numb followed by other fingers one by one. The numbness stayed for 5 to 10 minutes and then went away. I also had headache (left side). This is first time I have experienced something like this. I went to hospital and they did MRI and CT scan of brain. I was kept under observation for 2 days and went through all kinds of blood and heart tests which were mostly normal. I am a diabetic and my HBA1C at that time was 8. Has anyone experienced this and what was the diagnosis ? I was told it was TIA but doctors didn't seem very sure.
Hello~I think you have some misaligned vertebra in your neck and upper back, you could also have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. All these can cause the symptoms you are having. The chiropractor should be able to help all of them however, he/she will take an x-ray to determine where the problem is and then adjust accordingly. I experience my first three fingers going numb or tingly when I sleep at times, the chiro says it is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS), nothing serious, but very annoying. It is nerves being impinged in the scapular region, this in turn causes the numbness and tingling, adjustments, as I said, do help.