Osified bone on knee cap

So i went to workout one day and after i was done my left knee was bothering me really bad. My mom took me to the doctor and they said it was fluid behind the knee cap but the muscular skeletal specialist said it was an osified bone. So i was started on intense physical therapy. I was on crutches for about a month and a half. The lump is still there and my knee tends to get stiff and sore. When i overuse my knee it swells but when i went back to the regular doctor she once again said it wasnt a bone spur but this hard lump is there on the edge of my knee cap and it protrudes really far out to where it is noticable. Does this sound like a bone spur because each doctor wants to tell me something diffrent and instead i feel im no closer to actually getting the real problem.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.