PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a really bad boil

I recently developed a boil on the crease inbetween my right leg and my butt, atleast that's what I think it is, I've never had one before but its flat and really hard and extremely painful. I put some boil ease and some draw out salve on it last night and it's been leaking alot of blood. there's some pus and whatnot mixed in but its mostly blood and it's still really hard and painful. Is that normal or should I go see a doctor? I don't have insurance so I'm trying to avoid the hospital as much as I can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

Usually boils are red and swollen. Are you sure you have a boil ? Another thing about boils is that they can spread if you scratch them. I've never heard of a boil that has blood in it... unless you are scratching it very hard.

You may want to check out pictures of boils by going to google and then clicking on "images". If you have a boil... that means you have an infection and you should probably see a physician so you can get on some antibiotics. Since you don't have health insurance, I would check into clinics that take patients' on the sliding scale. You may want to call your Governor for a list of those clinics. It would be a good idea for you to get established at a clinic anyway, since you don't have insurance.

Good luck !
I'm not sure what it is if it isn't, I researched it and it sounds like it was caused by friction (from my tights), it's red, and extremely tender, it just isn't really raised. I haven't been scratching it, I prefer not to touch it except to clean and dress it, and I've been checking for red lines or if it gets warmer than the rest of my skin, which it hasn't. I also don't have a fever or anything like that. It just hurts real bad and the blood worried me...

Well if you can, I would have it checked out and especially if you've had it for awhile. You may want to put a sterile gauze on it as well.

It's a boil. Keep putting on black salve and keep covered with a bandaid.  It will take a few days before it begins to go down.  If it doesn't go down or becomes larger, then visit the doc, you may need to have it lanced. Best of luck!
I've had several boils (cysts) over the years in various areas and the area between the leg and butt area is a common place to get them because it is moist and there is friction.  I never went to the doctor for any of my cysts except for one I got on my tailbone because that one was unbearable where I couldnt even sit.  The other cycts Ive had I treated them myself at home - a couple times a day apply witch hazel (you can get it at any pharmacy) to the cyst (it wont sting at all like rubbing alcohol can) and then put gauze over it.  Make sure you apply witch hazel to it a couple times each day.  It should go down in a few days.  The cysts Ive had also leaked blood/clear pus mixture.  If it doesnt go down or gets bigger, then go see a doctor, otherwise witch hazel works wonders.
i have aboil on my anus how can i treat that at home