Pain and Numbness after Injection (Ongoing 4 months)

I was admitted to hospital at Christmas and as part of the treatment was given an intramuscular anti-emetic in my posterior. Since then I have had altered sensation and occasional pain in a approx. 6 cm square area on the top of my left thigh. It's about 10-15 cm from where I was injected. The pain is mostly when I touch/press on it but can also come on without contact. The numbness is constant.

Does anyone have any clue what this is? Should I see a doctor? Anything I can do to treat it?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

Although the site is quite far off from the injection site,but it looks like a nerve root of the sciatic nerve which passes through this area must have been irritated.Compression or irritation of the nerve causes the symptoms of pain and numbness.It can also be due to piriformis syndrome in which the piriformis muscle irritates the sciatic nerve and causes pain and numbness.Apply awrm compresses on the area of pain and also take some anti-inflammatory analgesics like Diclofenac or ibuprofen.Also apply some topical muscle relaxant on the muscle.

If the symptoms persist then pls take a physician’s/neurologist’s evaluation for this.Nerve conduction velocity tests and electromyography are required to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.Kind regards
You have a potential compensible malpractice situation.

Because of this you should not initiate self-treatment, but see a physician to document the injury, the pain and the problem. The hospital should eat the bill.