Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Pain under right breast and side

Ocasionally I get this pain under my right breast that extends to my right side. It is like a stabbing pain that comes when I bend over or even sometimes when I  try to breathe. Does anyone know what it might be?

From the symptoms that you have mentioned,the first possibility that comes to my mind is gall bladder colic or biliary colic.It can be due to cholecystitis(inflammation of gall bladder) or gall bladder stones.I would suggest an ultrasound abdomen to confirm the diagnosis.Other possibilities are irritable bowel syndrome, hepatitis(inflammation of the liver), kidney stones, pneumonia, musculoskeletal pain,lower rib fracture and malignancy.Irritation of the nerves supplying this area can also cause pain.Irritation can be due to nerve compression or pinching due to any spine related pathology.

In females,ovarian pathology can cause such symptoms.

Pls get an ultrasound abdomen and a gastroenterologist’s consultation.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.Kind regards.