Painful muscle right arm
I have had pain in the back of my right arm, slightly above the bicep, and below the shoulder.  I attempted to throw a snowball last December, and it has been painful since.  It hurts when I reach behind me, or quickly lift my right arm above my head.  The pain lingers for several minutes, sort of like a cramp.  It really does not feel like it is in the shoulder (ie. tear in the rotator cuff), but more like a muscle pull that won't go away.

Any clues?

Stevegolf
It sounds like you may have a torn tendon, I had the same symptoms that went on for months until I finally went to a doctor and got and MRI, I had torn my extensor tendon half into, it takes months to get over this type of injury due to the fact that blood flow to tendons is so low.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.