Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Parotid salivary gland problem!?

I am in desperate need of some advice. For the past 4 or 5 months i have experienced what i thought was a lymph node problem. I got a ct scan and numerous blood tests from sugar levels to hepatitis and thyroid tests all of which came back negative. The problem started initially when I "messed" with a cyst behind my ear. About 3 weeks ago i also had a severe swelling incident under my ear and returned to my doctor to find out it was a swollen salivary gland and after medication it returned to normal. My problem is that I constantly feel pressure under both my ears and running all the way under my jaw. I also have a small lump or mass under MY left jaw near my neck. Is this a salivary gland problem? Very irritating and uncomfortable and im not very sure how to pursue this problem. Thanks.
I would suggest you see an Ears, Nose and throat specialist.  If your parotid gland is bad they will be the ones best to remove it.  Several years ago I had an enlarged gland that wouldn't go a way and caused a pressure pain under the jaw line.  My pcp sent me to a regular surgeon who opened me up, saw how bad it looked, closed me up and sent to the ENT doctor.  Had a great surgeon who preformed a very complicated operation (most not as bad) and have no problems since.  Go see the ENT!