Pigment clumps

I was told by my optometrist that I have pigment clumps on the center of the back of both eyes. I asked what it meant he gave me an Amsler chart, avoided the question and went in to another exam room. I have noticed the curving of straight lines before and I've had 2 incidences over the past 3 months where I could not get my left eye to focus for 15-20 minutes. It was like I was looking through water or that my contact was floating around my eye. I also have a gray area in the center of my field of vision. And have a hard time adjusting to low light. I am 50 yrs old, fair skin, blue eyed female. I had active TB as a teen, control my high blood pressure with meds. Both parents were diabetics, and my paternal grand mother was blind either from birth or at a young age. I have an appointment with an ophthalmologist but it is a few weeks away. Can pigment clumps be treated, will they go away or am I destined for blindness?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.