Aa
A
A
Close

Pigment clumps

I was told by my optometrist that I have pigment clumps on the center of the back of both eyes. I asked what it meant he gave me an Amsler chart, avoided the question and went in to another exam room. I have noticed the curving of straight lines before and I've had 2 incidences over the past 3 months where I could not get my left eye to focus for 15-20 minutes. It was like I was looking through water or that my contact was floating around my eye. I also have a gray area in the center of my field of vision. And have a hard time adjusting to low light. I am 50 yrs old, fair skin, blue eyed female. I had active TB as a teen, control my high blood pressure with meds. Both parents were diabetics, and my paternal grand mother was blind either from birth or at a young age. I have an appointment with an ophthalmologist but it is a few weeks away. Can pigment clumps be treated, will they go away or am I destined for blindness?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Blank
AL
Blank