Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

Poisoned?? alergic reaction??

on Saturday I started noticing strange symptoms at a church retreat.  unusual stiffness and tiredness after a walk.  When I got home yesterday my husband noticed a  small weeping scab on the inside of one of my fingers, with some small lumps under the skin along the  inside of the  finger. The sore scabed over right away.   Then I started noticing slight pain in my heels when I walked.  Today,Monday, I have  mild pinkish purple bruises on the fingernail beds under all ten of my fingernails, with the bruising extending out from under the nail onto the skin of my fingertips.  This is slightly painful, but only very slightly, like I only notice it when I use the mouse.  Also today the heels of my hands are slightly painful too along with my heels on my feet. Also the rash under the one finger is being duplicated on the other hand on the same finger in the same pattern as on the first finger to be affected, as well as on other fingers.  And I am also experiencing slight joint pain in general all over my body.   Now it's Tuesday, and everything remains the same.  I hit a fingernail on the refrigerator door and it hurt and throbbed for a minute.  Normally I would not have even felt this.  I have not started any new medicines except MSM about two weeks ago (a supplement for joint health).  I also started taking 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day as a dietery supplement about two weeks ago.  Other than that, I haven't changed my diet or supplements(only a multi) or environment(except the two days over the weekend at a hotel/resor).The bruises under my nails have me pretty freaked out.  This has never happened to me or to anyone I know about. I'm a 59 year old post menopausal woman in good health.   What does this sound like to you?
Difficult to say without evaluation.

A rheumatological cause can be considered, with the diffuse joint and skin symptoms.  Obtaining a blood cound, sedimentation rate, ANA and rheumatoid factor can all be considered.  Obtaining plain x-ray films of the painful joints can also be considered.

I would also consider a referral to a rheumatologist and hematologist to further look at the joint pain and bruising respectively.  

I am not aware of coconut oil leading to the symptoms.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.