Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Possibilities for heartburn-esque pain in chest? Cancer?

I have had a continuing slight pain in the right area of my chest for about a week now. At first, I thought it was heartburn, and so I took some antacids. The majority of the pain then left, but every time I laugh hard or lie on my right side I feel the pain spike again.
I am only concerned because my family has a history of cancer, and I wanted to know whether or not it would be wise to go to a doctor about this. I am on my period, so I have not been able to identify any unusual lumps or feelings in the actual breast tissue, due to the tenderness in that area I usually experience during menstruation.
I am a 5'5" 125lb teenager with a generally balanced diet and little exercise.
This sounds like intercostal pain. I just wonder if you might have injured or strained yourself in some way.
I agree with the above reply. It seems to me as muscular pain. do you feel pain during long breathing ? It will go slowly, try local application of violini spray.