Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Potential viral infection, does anyone else have these same symptoms?

Hey guys,
I'm a 19 year old male in college and I have had symptoms for about a month and a half now. I got my flu shot in mid November and exactly one week later, I developed flu like symptoms. I felt warm (no fever though), body aches, bad headache and stuffy nose. I laid down for a couple days and went out two nights to visit friends. I was feeling okay, thinking that it was just a bad cold. A week passed and I didn't have much relief. I decided to go to the nurse the next week with little relief. I went there and had a 99.2 fever and still stuffy nose and headache and some body aches. She thought I had sinusitis and put my on amoxicillin. I took this for 10 days and still did lot have much relief. After being on winter break for two weeks and just basically relaxing and drinking a lot of fluids, I finally went to a doctor. They did blood testing for mono. I got the results back and they said everything was fine with my blood work. Ever since then, I still have had headaches, on and off stuffy nose and feverish feeling with no actual registered fever and fatigue. Recently, when I have blowed my nose, I have had some blood and I have tried taking multivitamins, vitamin C packs and Zinc pills. I've tried almost everything and I can't shake this. It gets worse with activity but I have been working out and for some reason, that helps. Has anyone had symptoms like these? I'm at a loss right now as to what this is as I am a generally healthy person who works out every day.
Sounds like it could be allergies. They have been bad for alot of people this year that normally don't have allergies. Are you living at a campus or new place for school? Could be there. Try Flonase for your nose, Allegra is good for allergies too. Both together work great. Unfortunately they are expensive but worth it.
If it's not allergies than I hope you find an answer. Good luck to you.
I do live on campus. However, my symptoms have not started until November and I have been there since August. But I usually do have bad allergies and that's what I thought after a while but the feverish feeling is the worst part of it. I don't know what it is. I have been taking an allergy pill though and did not seem to help. :/ but thank you for the help. I might resort to trying more Flonase and try a different allergy pill.
I started allergies yrs. ago just like you...bloody nose. Flonase or Nasacort is fine if you have inflamed tissue. Over use of nasal sprays can be even worse. Try using Neil-med saline rinses to clear out any blood/mucus...lastly...go see an allergist while your young so you don't end up with asthma...allergies lead to asthma..worth a blood test to see what your allergic to. I'm in the same boat--Good Luck..
Sounds like the flu. My son had the Swine flu years ago and it hit him hard. You've been sick awhile though.

Maybe it's s combination of things.

Try adding some magnesium (separate from your multivitamin).
It may help with headache and body pain. Not Magnesium Oxide. Glycinate or Citrate is better.

Did you also get blood tests for Vitamin D?
I honestly thought I had the flu at first too. But I've been okay to go out once in a while and I have felt better at times and worse minutes later. Although doctors claim that the flu shot does not get people sick, I am convinced that it does weaken the immune system so that's why I thought it was a nagging virus that my body cannot fight off. But on the vitamin D note, my mom mentioned that if could be a vitamin deficieny. She has a vitamin D deficiency as well and brought that up as a potential problem...it's just so frustrating being sick for this long. If I picked up vitamin D supplements would that cure a vitamin D deficiency? Thank you so much for the input
I doubt vit d deficiency. Mom is older?...not in sun?..It won't hurt to take vit d3...must say 3 after D...have your blood work done at allergist for allergies and he can do the vitamin test also.. As we age we need more Vitamin d..we become deficient ...unless in sun 10-15min. per day...just my thoughts...see allergist/immunologist for blood work-up..he can also check your immune system...did all of the above for myself at allergy office per blood tests...GOOD LUCK
...
The flu shot can cause issues. The flu nasal spray is much worse though. It does weaken your immune system which in turn will throw off the vitamin and minerals in your body. Low Vitamin D is a real
Issue, many doctors don't see it that way. You cannot get enough D from food and only UVB sunshine rays can create it in your body. If you live 34 degrees or higher above the equator you cannot access UVB rays most of the fall or winter, regardless of if its sunny outside.

I was tested in Sept. For Vitamin D deficiency. It was at 19.2ng/mL
After 11 weeks of taking supplements I raised my level to 61.0ng/mL.

Lab range says 30-100ng/mL is normal, but don't go by that. The range starts much to low. You need to be above 50ng/mL.

There are 2 types of D:
Vitamin D3 is good (cholecalciferol)
Vitamin D2 is bad (ergocalciferol)

Yes you can buy Vitamin D3 supplements over the counter at a store or even off Amazon. I buy mine online and at the Sprouts health store. You need to take Vitamin D3 supplements daily. It's good to get tested after supplementing for 3 months. That way you know where your levels are at. You can adjust how much you're taking. You really need to test your blood. Low D is a problem, but so is High D.

If you take D and aren't taking magnesium, it can cause problems. The D uses magnesium. Magnesium Oxide isn't very good and might be what's in your multivitamin. Vitamin K2 regulates the calcium in your body. Makes sure it's not deposited into your arteries. Vitamin K2 (MK7) may cause jittery feeling with some people. If that happens there is Vitamin K (MK4).

I started at 5,000iu D3 daily. But I was too deficient to get my levels up quick enough, so I increased to 10,000iu daily. I tried 15,000iu daily, but it was too high a dose for me.
My husband takes 5,000iu daily. He couldn't sleep when I gave him 7,000iu. My 11 year old daughter takes 3,000iu daily. Her results were 32ng/mL which the doctor considers normal, but if I didn't start supplementing her she'd be deficient when winter was over.

Everybody is different. 4,000-6,000iu daily is like a maintenance dose for some people. Some people cannot tolerate higher doses. Some people cannot tolerate things added to the D. The 2 Brands we take are Doctors Best and Carlson liquid drops. Doctors best has lanolin. It's in a soft gel. Carlson is a liquid. The drops can take awhile to come out of the bottle. We add it to a drink. They have 3 different dosages per drop (4,000iu, 2,000iu, 1,000iu)
Check ingredients in case you have allergies.
I felt like my son was D deficient. He has asthma and doesn't get out enough. He said he's not bouncing back from illnesses. He didn't test his blood first. He's taking 5,000iu daily with the magnesium and K2, plus B12 sublingual.

Vitamins D & K are fat solvable vitamins. They need to be taken with fat in your meal. Also...do NOT take D at night. It can cause insomnia.

Vitamin D2 causes the amyloid protein in your brain to clump together making it difficult to remove this build up of amyloid. This leads to loss of cognitive function and sets up the conditions for Alzheimer's disease progression. Vitamin D3 helps clear amyloid from the brain which aids in improving cognitive function. Keeping 25(OH)D3 levels at or above 50ng/ml [US] or 125nmol/l  [UK] is an important factor in reversing cognitive decline. And if that isn't bad enough we have also known for years that Vitamin D2 speeds up the rate at which your body disposes of Vitamin D so the more D2 you take the more you require. Vitamin D2 is also less effective than D3 so you need more D2 to get the same effect as D3. Recent research on professional athletes shows that supplementing with vitamin D2 does increase muscle soreness and recovery time after bouts of intense exercise.

*The time cholecalciferol stays in that form is around 24 hrs as most of it will be converted to the storage form Calcidiol. (the stuff we measure in 25(OH)D tests,
But in the original form cholecalciferol can still do some useful stuff (Like inhibiting pathogenic bacteria) while in the oral cavity and in the digestive tract (before it gets absorbed into your body) therefore
Taking D3 DAILY means you get 7 days pathogen zapping every week.

*Every 100 IUs of Vitamin D you take, you can figure it will raise your Vitamin D level by 1 point, assuming you are not obese--which necessitates increasing the level by 50% or more. Vitamin D levels peak in the summer--but in you are barely Vitamin D sufficient at the end of the summer (a level of 30 ng/mL) you will deplete those stores in one month.  By the end of the winter, you will be severely Vitamin D deficient, unless you are taking a supplement.

*Unlike D3 magnesium can be obtained through food but we believe that it is critical for most people to supplement it as part of the protocol due to the fact that high doses of vitamin D3 depletes the body of magnesium. And if you are one of those people who are already critically low in magnesium it is important to supplement this important mineral to avoid headaches, cramping, nausea, numbness and more that will result when you begin a high dose of D3.

Thank you so much. As I said above, my mom is vitamin D deficient and she luckily had some in the house. The pills are taken daily and I just took one a couple hours ago. I did not know why/how Vitamin D could have such an impact on my health but as I read more about it, it makes sense as I have been reading similar stories about people with vitamin D deficieny. I was a little upset that my doctor didn't check my vitamin/mineral levels when they drew blood but oh well. But yeah I haven't been going out much lately especially in the winter months. I don't know if this makes a difference but I also had a cough in my first week of the symptoms starting and I have felt nauseated at times when I feel worse. But I cannot thank you enough for this input. I really appreciate it and I will try taking the supplements daily and just pray that it resolves this.
Thank you again for all of this great info. I would have rather gotten the flu rather than this haha but they are 2000 iu tablets. I hope that's good? And they are D3. But I took them at 5 pm...rookie mistake huh? But hopefully it works and everything gets cleared up within a couple weeks. I will be sure to pick up magnesium tomorrow as well. Thank you so much again. You're right, it is frustrating that we have to do our own research to find out what's wrong with our own bodies. And I'm glad to hear that you are doing better as well and sharing your experience too.
How much D did you take?
It is D3 right?
Take it with some fat...peanut butter, or avocado, or something like that. You can read the label.

Well I hope when you say hours ago you mean before 3pm. I know I gave you a lot to read, but you really don't want to take D late in the sun. Simply put...it's like taking the sun, so it shuts off the melatonin in your brain. Hence keeping you up at night.

The doctor said she did a full work up on me yet my ferritin, magnesium and B12 were never tested. Doctors don't really test D either. Sometimes if they test the above, they use an inaccurate test.  Like they need to test Magnesium RBC, not magnesium serum.

I learned I can be iron deficient, but not anemic. It's very sad we have to research information ourselves in order to get healthy. I found a Vitamin D deficiency group on Facebook. That's how I learned to take supplements and why.

You need to know you have to take supplements for life. Higher doses in the winter, lower doses in the summer if you're getting the UVB rays.

Yes D deficiency (as well as magnesium and B12 deficiency) can cause anxiety, depression, fatigue, headaches, muscle weakness, etc.

The first few weeks I took my supplements I felt awful. My body/bones ached so bad (also can feel like the flu). That can happen to some people. Don't stop taking the D because it gets better after that. It doesn't mean you will fell that way though.

But please take magnesium. The D uses the magnesium and if you don't have enough, magnesium deficiency symptoms appear. Some people can be find on 200mg magnesium daily. RDA dose is 300mg for women and 400mg for men. You need to split it up throughout the day because your body uses it continuously.

I hope this works for you. I know how awful it is to feel sick. I'm glad your mom had some Vitamin D you could take. I hope she's doing ok since she's taking it.

I'm happy to give you the information.
Good Luck!!!
Lol. You didn't read my earlier post not to take the D so late. Well I hope you'll sleep fine ;)

Ok so you took 4,000iu tonight. Just see how you feel. It's not a high amount. Stay on that dose for a few days or a week. If you don't feel it's helpful, you might consider going a little higher (5,000 or 6,000iu daily)

Make sure to start taking the D in the morning or if you forget, at lunch. If you don't take them with some type of fat in your meal, it won't absorb as well if you don't. You can take the magnesium at the same time as the D3.

Do not buy magnesium oxide. It isn't very good.

Magnesium citrate is ok. Can cause a laxative effect. Citrate should not be taken at night because it also might keep you up.

Magnesium Glycinate is ok to take at night. The amino acids are in the glycinate are supposed to be calming and help with sleep.

I'm happy to share. I don't want anyone to suffer like I have.

I know I told you some people have pain the first few weeks of taking the Vitamin D (I was one of them). I found the information from a nurse explaining why that happens.

"Why We Have Pain" on her Easy Immune Health website. She states "An increase in pain symptoms after starting Vitamin D Therapy are not infrequent vitamin d side effects. These vitamin d side effects are often very worrisome and uncomfortable. Many people want to stop vitamin D therapy due to this pain, but that is not a good idea. In fact, the people who need vitamin D the MOST are most often the ones who experience this pain.

The pain is due to the vitamin d forcing calcium back into demineralized bones. Water is drawn into the bones along with the calcium. This swells the bones very slightly and pushes against the inflexible periosteum. The periosteum has a significant number of pain receptors and this can be experienced as bone pain. For those that already HAVE Pain From Vitamin D Deficiency, the pain can become worse. For those that do not have bone pain already, they can experience bone pain upon first beginning therapy. This bone pain is temporary and should resolve in a few weeks."

I actually slept like a baby last night haha but ever since taking the vitamin D, I have felt better already. I still have to go buy the magnesium though today. I hope it's not temporarily me feeling better because it has happened a couple times in which I felt better for a day and then felt worse the next. So we will see. Hopefully I'm not just having a placebo effect type thing either haha but I do not feel much pain right now, if any. I will try this for about a week though and see how I'm feeling after this and see if I need to up my dosage any or if I need to try something else. Glad to start feeling better already tho!
I'm happy for you
Update: I came back to college today feeling crappy still and went to my friends room and I now have a 99.4 fever and feel worse. Any suggestions?
The flu shot screwed your health up. Think twice before getting another one.

Did the doctor only run a blood test for mono?
I'm reading different things are in flu shots and the body can react badly. People have gotten sick for months after flu shots.

What else have they done for you/tested?

Found this online:
Does a single influenza vaccine exist?
No. Every year health officials produce a new influenza vaccine containing the three types of influenza virus. For example, during the 2015-2016 influenza season, influenza vaccines were required to contain A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus; A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2)-like virus; and B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus. during the 2009-2010 influenza season, influenza vaccines contained completely different strains: A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1); A/Uruguay/716/2007 (H3N2); and B/Brisbane/60/2008.
Ok so I found some things online. Probably have to make a few posts. A lot of people have complained of being ill like you after the flu shot and most doctors refuse to believe it's from the vaccine. Don't believe it...you are having a bad reaction.

The best I can come up with is detoxing your body. Keep taking the Vitamin D3 daily. Drink lots of water daily. I recently bought the Sambucol Black Elderberry ORIGINAL Liquid (liquid is best) for my family. It doesn't taste bad. Supposed to support the immune system. I gave it to my daughter when she had a sore throat after an ER visit for dehydration. It helped her throat. I have not tried a detox. Everything listed below is info of the Internet. You could try some of it to see if it helps.

Living whole dot org
a gentle vaccine detox for children

Gentle Detox for children or people who want to detox slowly.

Detoxification bath – This bath can be used to pull bacteria and viruses from the spine, and cellular waste, metals and chemicals from the body. Add 5 drops of Purification Essential Oilto your child’s bath with a few pinches of high quality sea salt. You can also do this as a foot bath.

Probiotics – A probiotic is essential to restore gut flora and balance the immune system. This is very important especially if a child experienced an adverse reaction to a vaccine (like eczema, ear infections, arthritis, diabetes, gastrointestinal disease, etc.). Life Startin powdered form by Natren which can also be purchased dairy-free.

Cilantro Chelation Therapy – Dr. Yoshiaki Omura discovered that the leaves of the coriander plant can accelerate the excretion of mercury and aluminum from the body. If you give the body what it needs, it will heal itself, and cilantro has a molecular bond that binds to heavy metals and pulls them from the body. Cilantro therapy is gentle and inexpensive.

To use: Cilantro chelation is not effective in pill-form. You can juice with cilantro, consume it raw, or put it in tacos or pesto. Your child should have a minimum of 1 teaspoon daily for 2-3 weeks. You can also do a detox bath with two drops of coriander in the tub with a few sprinkles of salt.

Elderberry – (Sambucol - Black Elderberry - Original Formula - Liquid)

This is an excellent herb for children and can be taken as a syrup. Research shows that elderberry inhibits enzymes used by viruses to penetrate and infect healthy cells. Another option is Elderberry Defense which contains Echinacea, royal jelly, and olive leaf. Echinacea strengthens the immune system, fights viral infections in the body, and increases the production of T-lymphocytes to fight bacterial toxins, and stimulates macrophages (that filter out and destroy foreign particles, bacterial and toxins in the lymph system).

Royal jelly contains many nutrients and all 8 essential amino acids, helps prevent illness, and combats the stress on the body caused by vaccines. Olive leaf has been shown to be an effective remedy against almost every type of disease-causing microorganism, relieves many health problems, and has exhibited microbial effects against over 130 infectious diseases. It would be pertinent to take this remedy if your child has had any of the live vaccines including MMR, Varicella, Flu Vaccine, OPV, DPT, and would also be indicated in Dtap.

Vitamin C helps counteract the damage of heavy metals, chemicals, and toxins contained in vaccines and strengthens the immune system. The best way to get vitamin C is through food but since we’re detoxing, adding a supplement and taking it frequently throughout the day is beneficial. I typically recommend vitamin C chewables but powdered form and liposomal form is also an option.

Silica helps gently pull toxins out of the tissues and into the blood stream to be eliminated from the body. Studies on silicic acid show that it is an effective non-invasive therapy for reducing the burden of aluminum in the body, that it slows down the accumulation of aluminum in brain tissue and thegastrointestinal tract, substantially reduces aluminum bioavailability to humans, reduces toxicity in plants and animals, and enhances the excretion of aluminum in urine without negative side-effects. In other words, silica can only help a good detox. You can purchase silica in liquid mineral form, as a cell salt, or as an herbal supplement (horsetail).

Water – When toxins are pulled from the body, they need to be flushed out. Full kidney function is dependent upon there being enough water in the body. Avoid soda, dairy, and junk juices and encourage your child to drink plenty of water (5-8 cups) throughout the day. You can sweeten it with a little honey and lemon (for increased vitamin C) or add some liquid chlorophyll.

Massage – During a detox it is especially important to “milk the lymph nodes” through gentle massage. The Lymphatic system is the clean-up crew of the body and massage helps remove cell wastes, proteins, excess fluid, viruses, and bacteria trapped in the lymph nodes.

Dandelion Root – Supporting the liver during a detox is very important because the liver performs over 5,000 functions – including toxin filtration. Although there are several herbs that can support and cleanse the liver, none are safer, more effective, or as inexpensive as dandelion. Dandelion helps the liver and gallbladder filter out toxins, purifies the blood, stimulates the kidneys to eliminate toxins through the urine, and assists with cell metabolism. You can purchase dandelion greens from the store (to use in juices and smoothies) or purchase in pill form, as an herbal tea.

Raw Food, Juices, & Smoothies – The absolute best way to counteract the harmful effects of a vaccine is through food, and my favorite way of doing this for children is through raw smoothies and juices. Shoot for at least 2-3 raw juices or smoothies per day during a detox, in addition to their normal meals. Try to include foods like broccoli, collards and kale, daikon radish, garlic, onions, spices, and sunny-side up eggs from free-range chickens in their diet during this time.

Detox Side-Effects: What to Expect
It’s not unheard of for there to be mild side-effects during a detox known as a “healing crisis.” Your child may be grumpy for the first few days, may experience a worsening of symptoms, loose stools, may sleep more, or may experience flu-like symptoms. However, your child (more commonly than not) may experience no noticeable side-effects.

This whole concept of detoxing is really quite simple. In natural medicine, we believe “dis-ease” has one of two underlying causes: toxicity and (nutritional) deficiency. Detoxing attempts to restore balance by supporting the body’s elimination channels and by binding to metals, chemicals, and toxins so they can be safely removed from the body. Vaccinations are certainly toxic. Think I’m wrong? Check out the list of additives here.

We’ve got formaldehyde (a probable human carcinogen), mercury (a neurotoxin and the second most toxic substance known to man), aluminum (a known neurotoxin, 75% of which is retained in a newborn and up to 40% in an adult and is stored in the kidneys, spleen, liver, heart, brain, lymph nodes, and muscle), cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (a hazardous substance), MSG (a neurotoxin), 2-Phenoxyethoanol (a hazardous toxin), and polysorbate 80 (a toxin associated with serious adverse effects including death), to name a few.
Again the suggestions below were found online. I do take 1 teaspoon of organic unfiltered (Bragg) Apple cider vinegar in orange juice daily with my iron pill. This kind helps with stomach acids, vitamin absorption and other good things.

I do use Epsom Salt for foot baths, drink plenty of water, occasionally juice, I've used essential oil for stress, exercise is good to get bad stuff out of your body, I previously tried probiotic pills (not currently using them), I occasionally use skin brushing, and I take some Vitamins daily.

This is a more intense detox for adults

Living whole dot org
A vaccine detox for adults

detox strategies to address the toxic additives in the vaccines and the adverse reactions that go with them:

Detoxification Baths & Skin Brushing– Detox baths encourage the body’s largest elimination organ to remove chemicals and heavy metals from the body. Baths can be done daily or weekly and it may take several baths before the body starts releasing toxins. Before getting into the tub, brush your entire body with a skin brush. Start at the feet and work your way up. This removes dead skin and stimulates the lymph system. Next, use one of the following detox bath recipes:

Apple Cider Vinegar Bath –
Organic Unfiltered with the 'Mother'
**(the Mother is the  dark, cloudy substance in the ACV formed from naturally occurring pectin and apple residues - it appears as molecules of protein connected in strand-like chains. The presence of the mother shows that the best part of the apple has not been destroyed. Vinegars containing the mother contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars may not contain due to overprocessing, filtration and overheating)**
Add two cups of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath to help remove toxins and heavy metals through the skin. This is the “go-to” bath for general detoxing.
(Apple Cider Vinegar Internal Benefits)
Rich in enzymes & potassium
Support a healthy immune system
Helps control weight
Promotes digestion & ph Balance
Helps soothe dry throats
Helps remove body sludge toxins
(Apple Cider Vinegar External Benefits)
maintain healthy skin
Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
Soothes irritated skin
Relieves muscle pain from exercise

Epsom salt – Dissolve 1 cup Epsom Salts in a tub of water and soak 20 minutes for 1 hour 2 times per week.

Clay baths – By far the most popular, clay baths exhibit a negative charge that attracts the positive charged toxins, absorbs them, and facilitates their removal from the body. There are many different types of clays you can use and some are infused with herbs to increase their effectiveness. The most popular and widely-used clay is Bentonite and the best way to use it for a vaccine detox is in a bath. Here is a general detox bath that can be used to remove cellular waste, metals, or chemicals using bentonite clay:
       1/2 cup epsom salt
       1/2 cup bentonite clay
       20 capsules of yellow dock (opened)

Essential Oil Baths – Essential oils are anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, and anti-everything else. Essential oil baths remove viruses, bacteria, cellular waste, metals, and toxins from the body.  Add 5 drops of Purification Oil, coriander, Aroma Life, or lemon grass to a bath with a little bit of sea salt.

Sweat – Whether you sit in an infrared sauna or run on a treadmill, the goal is to sweat. Toxins and heavy metals (including mercury) can be eliminated through sweat and some chemicals can only be removed by working up a good one.

Probiotics – Proper gut flora is essential to the functioning of your immune system (70% of which is housed in your gut), prevention and correction of any health condition. I’ve used many probiotics but my favorite by far (for adults) is Megadophilis by Natren. If you’re really in a funk do the “Healthy Trinity System.”

Nutrients – Here’s a list of several nutrients that are essential to supporting the body during a vaccine detox. To determine how much you should take it’s always best to work with a natural healthcare provider. Typically, the dosage is much higher than what would normally be recommended.

Vitamin C (preferably buffered)
Vitamin E (preferably with selenium)
Vitamins B-6 (time-released)
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B-12 (liquid)
DHEA

Milk Thistle has been the subject of hundreds of studies and contains a substance called silymarin that is one of the most potent liver-protecting substances known to man and has proven effective against a variety of the most virulent toxins. Milk thistle is most effective when taken with lecithin and is not associated with any long-term risks or contraindications (meaning it’s safe for nursing Mamas). You can order milk thistle in combination with other nutrients, as a time release, or in liquid form here, or here. If taking in liquid form, hold it under your tongue for a few minutes before swallowing.

Algin is a non-digestable fiber found in brown seaweeds. It binds to toxins, keeps them from being re-distributed and re-asborbed by the body, and promotes their excretion.

Water – When toxins are pulled from the body, they need to be flushed out. Full kidney function is dependent upon there being enough water in the body. Avoid soda, coffee, dairy, and junk juices. Drink water and flavor it with lemon or chlorophyll if you can.

Fiber – Fiber scrubs your colon, absorbs toxins, and helps ya poop em’ out.

Juice Therapy - lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Drink 1-3 times daily.

Flu vaccine article saying it does cause problems.

articles dot mercola *******
sites
articles
archive
201
0 11 01
flu vaccine and its side effects
aspx

Fisher outlined these three primary health concerns in a recent NVIC video update:

Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), an autoimmune disease which has been associated with influenza vaccine since 1976, when the swine flu vaccine was first used. In fact, British government health experts acknowledged the link between the H1N1 vaccine and an increased risk of GBS4 earlier this month. Prior to this public admittance, the government had always denied such a link
Idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP), an autoimmune disorder, is a blood clotting disorder characterized by insufficient platelets
Bell's palsy, a reaction causing temporary facial paralysis
Why are people having these worrisome reactions?

Vaccines Wreak Havoc on Your Immune System

All vaccines are immune suppressive—that is, they suppress your immune system, which may not return to normal for weeks to months. Here are just some of the ways vaccines impair and alter your immune response:

Some components in vaccines are neurotoxic and may depress your immune and brain function, particularly heavy metals such as mercury preservatives and aluminum adjuvants
The lab altered vaccine viruses themselves may further impair your immune response
Foreign DNA/RNA from animal tissues can wreak havoc in your body and trigger autoimmunity in some people
Vaccines may alter your t-cell function and lead you to become chronically ill
Vaccines can trigger allergies by introducing large foreign protein molecules into your body that have not been properly broken down by your digestive tract (since they are injected). Your body can respond to these foreign particles in the form of an allergic reaction
The flu vaccine may also pose an immediate risk to your cardiovascular system. One 2007 study published in the Annals of Medicine5concluded that:

"Abnormalities in arterial function and LDL oxidation may persist for at least 2 weeks after a slight inflammatory reaction induced by influenza vaccination.

Not only do flu shots weaken your immune system, expose you to toxins, and cause allergies and other adverse reactions, they don't work.

You may not be aware that only about 20 percent of flu-like illnesses are actually caused by influenza type A or B, according to CDC. The other 80 percent are caused by more than 200 other bugs that can make you feel just as sick - respiratory syncytial virus, bocavirus, coronavirus, and rhinovirus, to name a few.

The real way to prevent the flu is through optimal lifestyle and nutrition, and getting plenty of vitamin D, lowering stress and getting the right amount of sleep, and Western medical science has glossed right over that.
nvic dot org
Reporting systems dot aspx

Vaccine Reporting Systems
People who got sick from the flu vaccine. Unfortunately none posted anything to do for recovery.

Comment from: aqedward684, 75 or over Male (Patient)
I had the strong flu shot for the first time. I have been getting flu shots for the last 20 years with no trouble. This year the flu shot has caused terrible muscle pain in my shoulder and legs which I still have after three weeks. The shot was given at a drug store instead of the usual doctor's office. My doctor told me that five of her patient who had the shot at drug store had similar problems. She will report the problem to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention).

Comment from: paul, 65-74 Male (Patient)
I have had the flu jab six times. I have had 4 reactions about two days after the shot. This year's was by far the worst, sickness, aching joints, and generally feeling very unwell. I am a fit and active man, the doctor says it cannot be the jab, but I just do not believe what they say.

Comment from: chum, 65-74 Male (Patient)
I had the flu vaccine in September of 2014, not the first time getting it. The next day I started feeling bad and 2 days later I was sick with flu like symptoms. I started feeling better after 3 or 4 days but not up to par. I was weak. One week later I was in the emergency room with a temperature of 105.1. I was on 5 different antibiotics which kept the fever down. I tested positive for Ehrlickia (between Lyme diseaseand Rocky Mountain spotted fever) and have been told by the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) doctor that it was very unusual but I also tested positive for West Nile virus. I stayed in the hospital for 11 days and here is where I think the flu shot had something to do with what happened to me while there. After 7 or 8 days physical therapy persons came to work with me, my left leg had no strength in it. It has feeling but no strength. I spent 6 weeks in rehab for physical therapy (PT) which did no good, as well as PT at home for about 4 weeks. It has now been 3 months and I am no better. I have been to various doctors to try to find out what has happened to my leg but so far no real answers. I have had an MRI on my back and nerve conduction test and have to go see a neurologists next week to see if it is caused by something in my hip or back. I have read a lot about Gillian Barre syndrome (GBS) and am wondering if that is what has happened to me caused from the flu shot. GBS is a possible side effect of the flu shot. The CDC doctor mentioned GBS to us on 2 different visits. My back has so much arthritis in it that getting spinal fluid is not an option. They tried when I was in the hospital and couldn't get it so it ruled out a clear diagnosis for some things. I have to walk with a walker because of the weakness. I'll probably never get another flu shot, there are too many side effects and I have too many things wrong with my body to take another chance.

Comment from: Terry, 25-34 Male (Patient)
I got the Fluzone quadrivalent shot on November 9th. It is now December 30th and am still dealing with adverse effects. I have every symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome. None of those symptoms were present prior to my vaccination. Most sad thing about all this is, the only reason I got the vaccine was because my new job I landed at a hospital mandated it. Now I am on a leave of absence from this very same job due to a shot that was forced on me. I was given no option to wear a mask otherwise I gladly would've preferred it over this torture.
Comment from: Sherry, 55-64 Female (Patient)
I had the flu vaccine on October 9th, 2015. I am required to take the flu shot because I am a nurse. I have taken the flu vaccine for many years. I am a very healthy person and have only had a few mild illnesses in my life. Three or four days after receiving the vaccine, I became sick with fever, and had severe cold intolerance, body pain, sore throat, swollen neck glands and extreme fatigue. I was given a Z-Pak. None of the symptoms were relieved. I struggled to work with being out multiple times. On November the 9th I was signed out on FMLA (family medical leave) by my medical provider. I have seen 5 doctors. Only one of them thinks it could be flu shot related. During all the multiple blood tests that included Lyme's, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, rheumatoid studies, low iodine was found as well as high levels of alpha-gal and a reactive Epstein Barr. Today is December 26, 2.5 months later, and I wake up this morning with all the same symptoms. I am having extreme cold intolerance and body pain and fatigue. I am convinced that the flu shot triggered this illness. I have not had one day without these symptoms since getting the flu vaccine. I feel desperate to recover and get on with my life.

Comment from: trailrunner, 45-54 Female (Caregiver)
I am a physical therapist assistant that recently began working in a SNF (skilled nursing facility) after years in an outpatient clinic. At 48 years old I had my first flu shot because it was required, or I'd have to wear a mask. I have been sicker than I have ever been in my life with fever, chills, headache, cough, swollen tonsils, etc. I am on my 8th day and will see my doctor in two days. I will never have a flu shot again. Needless to say, I quit the SNF and will begin working back in outpatient where they don't force us to have shots that are detrimental to people's health.

Comment from: Chatty, 75 or over Female (Patient)
My husband and I had the flu jab on the 12th of November. It took just over 2 weeks before any symptoms appeared for the both of us, and I was worse than him. I started to shiver and had to go to bed for 24 hours. Then 3 days later my arm started to get slightly painful. This got worse the next day, and by day 3 I could hardly lift my elbow off the side of my body, it was very painful. I am hoping this does not last much longer. My husband had the same symptoms but much milder and is back to normal.

Comment from: Rita, 55-64 Female (Patient)
I got the flu shot on Monday, November 2. By Friday, I was getting really sick. Too sick to move and go to the hospital. By Monday, it was full-blown pneumonia (I had a pneumonia shot six months ago). The doctor gave me Advair, Z-Pak, and more. My lungs cleared some but my sinuses and throat are raw. I keep getting bouts of fever. Body hurts badly. And I'm so weak, I just want to sleep. That was a month ago. If I ever feel normal again, it will be a miracle. I've had flu shots before but never got sick. And I've had the flu before but never felt this awful. I know it is a bad reaction to that stinking shot. My doctor said a lot of her patients are going through this this year.

Comment from: Baileyg, 45-54 Female (Caregiver)
I got the flu shot, mandated by my employer on 11/5/15. My arm hurt for about 3 or 4 days. I have been more tired than usual, feeling exhausted after working all day. This is very unusual for me. Today, 16 days out I started with pain in my hips, and then weak legs. I have indigestion, feel weak, achy, headache, and fever of 99.7. My arm is very painful suddenly at the injection site! It feels like someone punched me. This is so strange, I am positive this is an extended response to that flu shot.

Comment from: shily3136, 55-64 Female (Caregiver)
I received the flu vaccine in October of 2015 and have not felt well since. I am experiencing a daily low grade fever, have no energy, and have a chronic sore throat, sinus congestion, and wheezing in my lungs. I have refused the flu vaccine for a few years even though it is mandatory to have it working as a nurse in a hospital. I got tired of wearing a mask for months so decided to have a flu vaccine. Last year no side effects, this year I am miserable and know without a doubt it is from the flu vaccine.

Comment from: baj ulf, 65-74 Female (Patient)
I had the flu jab four weeks ago. I've been having them for years and never experienced any side effects, but this time I had a swelling around the injection site, then I got mild flu symptoms and have suffered from extreme fatigue and body aches since then, plus returns of the mild flu symptoms. I feel under the weather all the time and had a faint 2 weeks after having it; something I've never experienced in my whole life before.

Comment from: Minimoo, 35-44 Female (Patient)
I got my first flu shot this year and woke up the next morning with terrible vertigo; room spinning, exhausted, and nauseous. I'm still suffering from dizziness 6 weeks later. Vestibular tests say it is not my ears, but they deny it could be the vaccine. Wish I could find an answer, I want my brain back.

Comment from: txsldy, 55-64 Female (Patient)
I got a flu shot 4 weeks ago. Within hours I began experiencing a bad headache, pain in the neck, both shoulders and around injection site. The headache and neck pain lasted about two weeks. I am still experiencing significant shoulder and muscle pain in the arm where injection was given. Muscle pain in the arm seems to be getting worse.

Comment from: Patsy, 55-64 Female (Patient)
I have never had this reaction before to a flu shot. Five days after the jab I started with severe headaches, sore eyes, blurred vision, aching all over, nausea, very weak and tired, and feel terrible. Doctor just say take pain killers, tramadol and Co-codamol. I have rotten taste in mouth, head and neck ache, and no energy! Never again! I'd rather have normal flu! There really should be much more knowledge on this, it is so frightening. I feel reassured others have same symptoms, but when will it end!

Comment from: jenny, 45-54 Female (Patient)
I recently had the flu vaccine and I am sick as a dog, coughing and I also have bleeding through my nose (I never have that before the vaccine), and I am coughing so much that sometimes there is a bit of blood in the stuff that I cough up. I don't know if that is normal side effects or the vaccine is too strong, but if I knew that beforehand I would never have had the vaccine.

Comment from: Dan, 65-74 Male (Patient)
One week after receiving the flu shot on October 1st, 2013, I developed a red bumpy rash under the left arm. Thinking it might be shingles, I saw my internist who diagnosed dermatitis not related to the flu shot. I was given 6 days of oral cortisone to relieve the intense itching and rashes. The rash continued to expand over my arms, legs, chest stomach, groin, buttocks and back. My internist ordered another round of oral cortisone, this time for about 18 days. It helped relieve the itching, but the rash continued to develop. The rash started as tiny red spots with a white head, then spread to 1 to 3 centimeter diameter red crusty areas with intense itching, especially at night. I was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed cortisone cream. He said that the flu shot could be the cause as it was the only "change" I had experienced. I take no other medications, have normal blood pressure, etc. I have been very healthy prior to that shot. It is now 3 and one half months later and the rash continues with the intense itching especially at night. I am scheduled to see another dermatologist at the end of the month. It is now February 6th
I cannot thank you enough. This information is great and overwhelming. Although this info is scary to see these people have been sick for so long. It's so frustrating. I don't want this to affect my school work. I come back from classes and I lay down. This is so defeating. I regret getting the shot. I'm at a loss but I just hope to feel better asap. Thank you so much for your input and this makes complete sense
And what was the name of the article you found this info on about where people got sick?
I'm sorry I know I sent a lot of information. I didn't mean to be overwhelming and negative. I feel so bad you're going through this. I'm sure your mom is upset too. I do whatever I can to help my kids and I know you are having a tough time just functioning at school when you feel so ill.

Don't let the information bring you down. Knowledge is power. Don't allow being sick to mess things up at school. Keep testing and healing the best you can. The other people didn't try to detox or do other things. I have you information so you could try to change your situation, instead of just being sick. Keep trying. Healing is possible.

Try some of the detox stuff and keep taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. I hope you can get this garbage out of your system so you can finally feel better.

I gave in to my daughter's doctor and allowed her to get the flu shot. I normally don't. She didn't get sick like this, but there's no way I'm allowing her to get anymore flu shot. I never get them either.

The site was

medicinenet *******
/script
/main
/mobileart dot asp?articlekey=9098&questionid=859
No I didn't mean it in a bad way haha I really appreciate all the research you did. I can't thank you enough. But yeah this is rough. I will try everything I can for now and rest. Hopefully when the weather breaks, I will feel better. There have been glimmers of hope so I'm still hopeful of recovery soon. Hopefully I can recover and use others experiences to help in my recovery. Thank you so much again and I will look at the article and send it to my mom.
Thank you so much again
I didn't think you meant it in a bad way.
I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I recently just got blood work done again. All of my blood counts came back fine, liver function and kidney function were all good, iron levels fine and everything. The only thing they found was low vitamin D (good call). I am now taking a once a week pill for 50,000 IU. Hopefully this helps. Another interesting thing happened recently that has made me believe I wasn't sick otherwise as well. I recently started to get a sore throat and a bad cough with chest congestion. I would think that if I was really "sick" before, that I would not be getting this cold now. So hopefully it is just a vitamin deficiency that was haunting me and hopefully I will be able to get over this cold now and return to full health soon. Thank you everyone for your help. It was greatly appreciated ! :D
No not a pill once a week. You need D3 daily. What happened to all the info I gave you?

You have to take D3 daily. Once a week isn't as good.

Is the prescribed D...
Vitamin D3 is good (cholecalciferol)
Vitamin D2 is bad (ergocalciferol)

If it's D2 you're poisoning yourself further. It will take more D2 to raise levels, it won't stay in your body...and it will harm you.

Did you get a copy of your labs for your records?

You need to.

Are your levels for iron in mid range. You need to be over 50. Low normal in many things still causes symptoms

What is your D level number?
If the doctor prescribed you D3...take it once a week like they said, but take also D3 at a lower dosage on the other days to keep D3 consistently in you body.

It's very important that you take magnesium and Vitamin K2 daily also...especially with higher doses of D3. Plus remember, D3 depletes the body of magnesium. And if you are one of those people who are already critically low in magnesium it is important to supplement this important mineral to avoid headaches, cramping, nausea, numbness and more that will result when you begin a high dose of D3.

If you break it down, a weekly dose of 50,000iu comes to 7,143 daily
But remember D3 has a short time in your body and you can only benefit from the DIRECT actions of vitamin D3 on the 19-25 hrs following the dose. So if you don't take it every day, you're not effectively dosing yourself.

AND

You have to drink lots of water!!
* If you do decide to try a dose higher than 10,000 make sure you drink a minimum of 2.5 liters [almost 85 ounces] of fluids [preferably water, total fluids] per day to guarantee the elimination of calcium through the urine.

Don't stop taking the D3 when you've reached your target level, you can take a lower maintenance dose, but be careful, if it's too low levels will drop in 1-2 months and you will have symptoms again.

You need to take D3 for the rest of you life.

Target goal should be 60-80ng/mL

How are you feeling?
I am feeling a lot better now. Ever since I started taking the pills, I have not been feverish and have had more energy. Thank you!
So happy to see your post.