Pressure in head, stiff neck, pulling down feeling in trunk

I have multiple sclerosis but my neurologist has never heard of my symptoms.  My head feels like I'm wearing a bicylcle helmet.  There is pressure on the back and top of my head.  My head feels really weird and it kind of swims when I move.  It gets worse when I lean over or sway my head around.  My neck is really stiff and it feels like someone is pushing my head down so that I can't move it freely, although I am able to move it.  It feels like I'm being pulled down by lead weights in one arm and across my midsection.  It feels like I'm wearing a girldle connected to lead weights.  I've been having most of these symptoms for the past six months.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I've had that head symptom, which I discovered was caused by Babesiosis (coinfected with Lyme). I often describe it as "wearing a football helmet 2 sizes too small," or "exploding head," or "an over-inflated tire" feeling.

Most people attribute the lead limb feeling to Lyme. And many people who've ultimately been diagnosed and successfully treated for Lyme, were originally diagnosed as having Multiple Sclerosis.

Babesiosis is a red blood cell parasite that is delivered by a tick bite. It makes your red blood cells sticky, so they clog the fine capillaries in your head/ears/neck, preventing good circulation and giving you that pressure feeling.

Many people never see the tick, because the nymphs can be the size of poppy seed.

You test for it with a simple blood test. You can read about testing and common symptoms here:
http://www.openeyepictures.com/underourskin/uos_resources.html
I was tested for Lyme disease when I was diagnosed with MS so I know it's not that.  Thanks for the advice though.
I am so glad to here that someone else has these symptoms.  My doctor thinks it nothing.  I would love to know what to do for the stiff neck and pressure in my head and back.
Try Benedryl.  It works for me.