Prolonged vomiting after auto accident

My 19 year old niece was back ended by a truck this past Christmas.  She was taken to the hospital with a severe headache and vomiting, was treated for whiplash and released.  Since the accident my niece vomits many times a day.  Her Doctor has run a gamut of tests and can find no cause for the vomiting and believes it might be irritable bowel syndrome and has medicated her for that.  There has been no improvement.  My niece has had to leave college and move back home because the vomiting disrupts normal activity.  She has no other symptoms.   Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.  
I am sorry for your niece's accident and suffering, but thank God she is alive. Has she see a neurologist to determine the cause of dizziness then? Did they run an MRI or Cat Scan after the accident? Sometimes the gamut of tests don't include other tests that might need to be run. I wonder if accidents can cause vestibular problems? Did they do a tilt table test, tests other than blood work like an ENG to determine possible causes. Sometimes severe vertigo can cause vomiting and maybe that accident knocked something out of whack. This is the best I can do, but she needs to see someone who can help her. At least you care enough to look into this. Peace and blessings to you and yours
Ahh, after a quick lookup I found something you might want to look into.  Search for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo and Perilymph Fistula on any search engine. I have something wrong with my balance and I guess they think it is Meniere's but I am not exactly for sure yet what is going on. I don't vomit, but I guess head trauma can cause these things from what I saw and seems that they are medicine resistant sometimes and other treatments are needed. I really hope you can help her. I hope this helps. Peace
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.