Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

RN needs help

I'm 25 years old, I have a blood disorder called monochylomicronemia, my trigs are like 8,000. It has caused me to have pancreatitis about 12 times, a decreased liver functions and an  enlarged liver.  I was very ill in Oct, I was on TPN, in ICU, had a necrosed area to my panceas. My heart was doing all kinds of crazy tachy arrythmias. 3 weeks later I went home and recovered, but when I first got out I had my period for like 2 weeks. I was so hot and thirsty all the time, especially when I'd sleep. It's still occuring, I have irregular rhythms everday that make me  a little short of breath. I barely ever get periods, I was regular before, now maybe 3 times since last oct. and I get soooooo hot and thirsty while sleeping. I wake up roasting and uncontrolably thirsty, and then I pee alot. I'm thinking either a horman imbalance of some kind or diabetesis. What do you think
These are a constellation of symptoms that may, or may not, be related.  

Regarding the arrhythmias, a thorough cardiac exam should be done, including an echocardiogram and event monitor to diagnose the underlying rhythm dysfunction.  Sustained arrhythmias can lead to shortness of breath.   A blood test to evaluate the electrolytes, specifically the potassium, calcium and magnesium, should be done as well.

Heat intolerance as well as irregular periods can be due to hormonal changes or conditions, which can be evaluated by both a gynecologist and endocrinologist.   A thyroid test, at minimum, should be done.

Diabetes can be evaluated with a fasting blood test and/or a hemoglobin A1c.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.

KevinMD.com
Twitter.com/kevinmd
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.