Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.1k Members

Rapid pulse since childhood

I have had a high pulse since I was about 5-6 years old. Maybe sooner, but this and the first time it was ever taken. Now at 23, it's still high. It always was. It's usually between 90 and 100. Higher obviously if I'm nervous or sick. Went to the dr recently for a physical and it was 111.

Blood pressure is low-normal ranging from 100/76 to about 120/80. It's usually closer to 120/80.

I have severe anxiety and have been getting treated since I was 16. It is not the medications because my pulse hasn't changed, but it could be the anxiety.

I have blood work scheduled (but have had it all done in the past and it's been normal) and after that I go back to the dr. But in the mean time I was wondering what this could be. It doesn't affect my daily life in any way. It simply is just there and always has been. It hasn't changed in the last 15 years.
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.