Rash Between Legs?

I have some kind of rash between the groin folds of my legs, I am overweight also.  These rashes end where the groin folds end, but they are irritating. if wet they dont really case me much pain, but if they dry they hurt like heck.  I have similar rashes in-between my armpits but they go away after a quick shower, the rashes in between my legs do not, even after washing down there thouroly they also seem to secrete some kind of secretion themselves to keep the area wet, its white and smells weird.  But when they are wet they dont bother me.  

I have had these rashes for a few months now and now they are starting to bug me and I have no clue what they could be.

There are a few possibilities for this kind of rash.It can be a fungal infection(Tinea cruris) or a contact or irritant ( xerotic) dermatitis.

Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and do not share other people’s towels.

Treatment for both is entirely different.I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and get this rash assessed so that specific treatment(antifungals or corticosteroids) can be started.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.