Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members
Avatar universal

Rash Question - HIV?

Ok I've had unprotected sex with a few friends over the last year that I thought were trust worthy - but the more I read, i guess the more i realize you never can tell. I have a rash on my stomach the extends downwards to my pubic area. The rash consists of red spots that are specific to only the hair follicles. Some look like small pimples, but most are not raised and just look like irritation. I did recently shave my chest and stomach... but I don't think i went this far south. Basically my question is, "Is HIV rash specific to the hair follicles?"
3 Responses
Avatar universal
I have no idea about a hair follicle specific HIV rash, but to be sure about the HIV you should be tested. Most Planned Parenthood clinics offer the test at little to no cost and use a test which gets the results in about ten minutes. Shaving definitely can cause a rash similiar to what you have described.

For your own peace of mind, GET TESTED. Remember that no matter how well you know someone you don't always know everyone they have been with. You are putting yourself at great risk by having multiple partners and not using protection. Planned Parenthood also has free condoms, so pick some up if you go there for the HIV test. I have been told that the virus can take up to three months to be detected, so unless it has been more than three months since the last time you had unprotected sex, you may need to go back later for another test to be sure.

Don't rely on others to protect you, protect yourself always! Good luck and I hope everything is okay.
351246 tn?1379685732
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
No, HIV rash is not specific to stomach area or to hair follicles. This could either be an allergic reaction to the shave—the things used for it or it could be a skin infection called cellulitis or it could be infection of hair follicles. Test for diabetes as this precipitates all this. Also if you had multiple partners, then go for a complete STD panel. A dermatologist can confirm this for you.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

1343146 tn?1279334243
Im not sure, but could it be Herpes.  You need to have a VDRL panel done with HIV testing.  It will check for all possible STDs.  Hope everything turns out ok.  Im sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.