Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Red Palms,Chest,Face and bottom of feet

I have a bright red rash on the palms of my hands which is not raised and has no blisters. The center of my palm is usually white. My fingertips, on the palm are brighter red than the rest of the fingers and sometimes turn purpleish-red. The red skin is turning tougher than the white skin. The bottom of my feet is the same way. My chest, in the area right below my neck is the same. My cheeks, nose, and sometimes my forehead and chin are red. Last week for the first time, the flat rash on my cheeks actually raised and then it went down of there is now a rough spot, almost like a burn. The affected skin is almost like a sunburn, but I do not go into the sun, it is year round, and the soles of my feet never get any sun. It is very sensitive.  Sometimes the areas are redder than other times. Does anyone have any idea what this can be?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

Two possibilities are coming to my mind which need evaluation.They are hand,foot and mouth disease and secondary syphilis.

Syphilis is passed from person to person through direct contact with a syphilis sore. The characteristic rash of secondary syphilis may appear as rough, red, or reddish brown spots both on the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet.Diagnosed by blood tests.

Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is a human syndrome caused by intestinal viruses of the Picornaviridae family. It is extremely uncommon in adults; however, still a possibility.

Without external examination,diagnosis is tough.So pls consult a dermatologist and get yourself properly evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
354604 tn?1328552066
Don't want to raise any alarm bells but it sounds exactly like what my skin did before I was dx. with discoid lupus; the itching, swelling, rash, lesions. The only thing you didn't mention was the hair loss. Discoid lupus lesions will manifest in areas not actually exposed to the sun. Do hope you get a good diagnosis. I'm with kindd ~ Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing. Regards.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.