Red Palms,Chest,Face and bottom of feet

I have a bright red rash on the palms of my hands which is not raised and has no blisters. The center of my palm is usually white. My fingertips, on the palm are brighter red than the rest of the fingers and sometimes turn purpleish-red. The red skin is turning tougher than the white skin. The bottom of my feet is the same way. My chest, in the area right below my neck is the same. My cheeks, nose, and sometimes my forehead and chin are red. Last week for the first time, the flat rash on my cheeks actually raised and then it went down of there is now a rough spot, almost like a burn. The affected skin is almost like a sunburn, but I do not go into the sun, it is year round, and the soles of my feet never get any sun. It is very sensitive.  Sometimes the areas are redder than other times. Does anyone have any idea what this can be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Two possibilities are coming to my mind which need evaluation.They are hand,foot and mouth disease and secondary syphilis.

Syphilis is passed from person to person through direct contact with a syphilis sore. The characteristic rash of secondary syphilis may appear as rough, red, or reddish brown spots both on the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet.Diagnosed by blood tests.

Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is a human syndrome caused by intestinal viruses of the Picornaviridae family. It is extremely uncommon in adults; however, still a possibility.

Without external examination,diagnosis is tough.So pls consult a dermatologist and get yourself properly evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Don't want to raise any alarm bells but it sounds exactly like what my skin did before I was dx. with discoid lupus; the itching, swelling, rash, lesions. The only thing you didn't mention was the hair loss. Discoid lupus lesions will manifest in areas not actually exposed to the sun. Do hope you get a good diagnosis. I'm with kindd ~ Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing. Regards.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community