Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Remedies

My wife is currently 1 week late getting her period. She took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. She also just came down with a very sore throat, slight fever, and body aches. She will not take any medicine because she thinks she may still be pregnant, and does not want to hurt the fetus.

What can she take that will both help her get better and at the same time is safe for pregnant women?
she can take tylenol for the fever and body aches...it wont harm the fetus..
Welcome to the forum!
Well, acetaminophen is known to be safe in pregnancy. Warm saline gargling, warm lemonade, ginger tea etc can be tried to soothe the throat.
However since your wife is unwell and had a negative pregnancy test, it is unlikely that she is pregnant. It is normal for periods to delay by a week or so once in a while and it could also be due to the fact that she is unwell. She can repeat the test at a lab or at a doctor’s and if it is still negative she can take complete treatment from her PCP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!