Rib Head Out of Place

I am a 44 year old female, about 20 pounds over my ideal weight, take 50mg of Toprol XL daily for heart palpitations, but other than that I'm in good health.  Here's my problem - On a Saturday night while eating I got choked and then for the remainder of the night felt like I had something stuck in my throat and chest.  Woke up the next morning with the same feeling, but could breathe and otherwise felt ok.  Over the next day I started having indigestion and would get the same feeling of having something stuck in my throat/chest each time I ate.  Started having random pain from under the right breast area extending to the left shoulder across the chest.  Felt like someone pinching me from the inside.  Also had upper back pain between the shoulder blades.  Was concerned at first that it was my heart but I could control the pain with rest and ibuprofen so I ruled that out.  Went to the chiropractor who said I had a rib head out of place (which has happened before) and adjusted me, gave me some stretching exercises to do (I spend about 8 -10 hours a day at a desk/computer), and told me to see him again in a few days.  Can all this pain in the chest area, which feels heart related when it is happening, be caused just by this rib head?  Also, could this have happened when I was coughing so hard when I got choked on my meal?  Nothing else comes to mind that I could have done.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.