Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Rib is thick and sticks out

Hi i’m a 19 y/o female, about a year ago I noticed that one of my ribs on the left side (3rd rib) was sticking out a lot compared to the right. I’d never noticed before but my doctor didn’t think anything of it.
A year later it’s still here and I went back to a different doctor and he ordered a chest x ray. The results take ages to come back and i’m really worried that the lump might have been serious all along.
The doctor has not given me any idea about what could be causing the lump and I really need some advice.
This symptom may be due to scoliosis (curvature of the spine).
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello~That particular rib may be out of alignment, a simple chiropractic adjustment would help to get it back where it belongs, I know as this has happened to me. You also may have costochondritis, this is a very painful condition of the ribs, and it possibly could cause the cartridge around the rib to swell, thus causing it to protrude more.