Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Right Side Chest pain under breast

About 5 days ago, I started experiencing stabbing chest pains on my right side under my breast.  I am a 56 yr old breast cancer survivor (left breast) of 3 years.  The pain is sometimes accompanied with heartburn but not always.  It wakes me up during the night and if I roll around onto the other side, it subsides somewhat (but not completely).  It feels like a rock is inside my chest but other than that,I have no other symptoms to speak of, except that there is an occasional tightening of the center chest region.

I rarely experience gastro-intestinal ailments and am wondering if this could be related to fatty liver or the gallbladder (although it does not extend down below my rib cage).  I don't believe I have pulled or starined any muscles in this region, although anything is possible. Thank you!

How are you?

Going by your symptoms,it looks like the cause of this right sided chest pain can be a gall bladder disease. Gallbladder dysfunction can cause severe right sided chest, shoulder, and arm pain. Attacks usually occur after eating certain foods.Gall bladder pain is typically felt at night and is usually seen in fat fertile females above fifty years of age.

I would sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get ultrasound/HIDA scan done.Other possibilities are liver pathology(like malignancy) and breast cancer (although rare but cannot be ignored as you already have had breast cancer).

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.