Severe Chronic Hives

My itching started about 5 years ago. I would walk to school during the winter and the longer I walked and the more my body got heated up I would start itching uncontrollably all over my body including my face. Then there would be little bumps over me that I guess are hives. This happens every winter in to the beginning of Spring. I can't workout because I can't get hot thats when I start itching and my skin gets flushed red. I also do not sweat and I even get the itching in my sleep when I dream about something strenous. It also happens when I get emotionally stressed, suprised, or angry. I can't get emotional without the itching affecting me. I went to the doctor and she told me to take over the counter Zyrtec because she thinks I might be allergic to the winter because of the point that I can't step into warm buildings without myself itching because of coming outside from the cold. My doctor told me its hives. But it seems like a really severe case.The Zyrtec is not working and I need a solution to my problem because I can't even hold a job during the winter because of the itching problem. I haven't worked all winter and now its spring and the itching still isn't gone. I am 6'1" 185 pound black male. If someone has any kind of solutions that would be helpful to me I would be most grateful.
If you have had hives for more than two months its chronic and you need to see an allergist. There is something underlying driving your hives and you might need  to get more tests done.  
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.