Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.3k Members
Avatar universal

Sewer Gases

I have worked in a sewer treatment lab for 11 years, thats where my office is and I have an opened drain on the floor right by my desk.  I have been getting sick to the stomach, headaches, confusion legs swelling and lymph nodes plus other symptoms.  They refuse to get me another office.  I think they should get sewer gas testing.  I have been working from home and don't want to go back in there.  I need to know if there are anyone that does sewer gas testing in pennsylvania?
2 Responses
11369760 tn?1449504372
Try to do a search on Internet for your local or state health department so that you can call for advice.  
1780921 tn?1499301793
Call your local fire department and ask them if they will test for you. A lot of departments will since sewer gas can lead to health problems depending on the concentration levels.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.