Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Shortness of Breath from Upper Body Movement

I am a healthy 28 year old female - whenever i raise my arms to shoulder height or above and move them or if I do rib isolation movements side to side I feel a shortness of breath - as if my breath is caught in my chest - should I be concerned?
It sounds like when your doing the exercise or yoga movements that you are not breathing properly.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Either you overstrain yourself, have anemia, gastric reflux, hypoglycemia or you have thoracic outlet syndrome.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!