Avatar universal

Should I seek medical attention

I have what appears to be some sort of insect or spider bite on my buttocks.It is directly to the right of my anus but not touching it.It started just very small like a tiny bump and was just a little sensitive.I thought it was just a pimple but now it has gotten larger more like a whelp and itches terriably. My lymph nodes in my groin are now swollen and sore.I  have been using cortisone cream for the itching and it helps some but doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.This happened right after I cut grass and i thought an insect or spider of some sort may have crawled into my pants leg...I'm wondering if I should make an appointment ot just give it a few days and see if it subsides.....any suggestions?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
465944 tn?1208666955
that close to home if you know what i mean I would make an appointment if I were you.  Lots of weird bugs now a days and you never know good luck
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
No offense AT ALL, but my friend gets a reoccuring situation on the same spot and she has herpes. If it happens any more, you might want to get that checked...good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.